- Fulltime, permanent opportunities available in Frankston
- Flexible work options: open to discussing how we can assist you with a better work-life balance
- Help our clients to gain control and independence through positive behaviour strategies
What can we offer you?
- Salary Packaging Benefits; package up to $15,900 per year tax free. Less tax = more take home pay!
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, holidays etc.)
- Work from home options
- An Employee Assistance Program - a free and confidential counselling service available to all staff and family members
- Corporate Health Insurance plans and discounts with our corporate partners
- Encouraged and supported ongoing professional development and diverse career opportunities
- Paid Parental Leave and Salary Continuance
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Free flu vaccinations and Gym Membership Discounts
Community Solutions Group makes a difference in people’s lives - supporting them to achieve their goals and working with them on their pathway to possibilities. We deliver a broad range of NDIS services focused on the wellbeing and independence of individuals, families and communities across Queensland and Victoria.
Community Solutions Group are part of Endeavour Foundation, one of Australia’s largest employers of people living with disability where being inclusive and diverse is not just an aspiration, it is who we are! Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is at the heart of everything we do and getting it right goes hand in hand with living our organisational values and our purpose of making possibilities a reality.
About the Role
Together with families and support providers, we support children and adults with disability to reduce behaviours, improve wellbeing and quality of life.
If you have qualifications and experience in Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Applied Behaviour Analysis or Social Work and experience with evidence-based approaches, then this is your opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people living with a disability.
Key duties will include:
- Providing professional information and advice to people with disability, families, staff and managers regarding evidence-based approaches to reduce the impact of challenging behaviour
- Ensuring Behaviour Support is delivered to NDIS participants in accordance with their NDIS plan
- Developing and implementing intervention strategies in consultation with individuals and families
- Developing partnerships with service providers, community agencies and
government bodies to get the best outcome for our participants
What you will bring to the role:
- High level of knowledge and experience of contemporary practices, trends and philosophies in relation to service provision for people with intellectual and/or cognitive disabilities
- Knowledge of or experience with restrictive practices
- An in depth understanding of good clinical practice, the jurisdictional requirements in VIC and the context in which Behaviour Support is provided
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing positive behaviour support plans for clients that align to their NDIS plans
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or similar areas of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Strong administration and computer skills, experienced in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Right to Work in Australia i.e., Australian/NZ Citizen, Permanent Resident or Visa with permission to work - excludes visas with Temporary Work Rights
- A current Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker's Screening Check, or the willingness to gain these clearances if successful. We will reimburse you the cost on commencement.
- A current and valid Driver’s Licence
- Willingness to undertake a "Fit2Work" Police Check
How to Apply
To demonstrate your interest in this role, please submit a cover letter and up to date resume outlining your relevant experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from people with culturally diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with disabilities.
"We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer, and we commit to respond to every applicant"