- Psychologist/Social Worker/ABA Therapist
- Permanent full-time position based in Toowoomba
- Split your time between home and the office for better life-work balance
- You'll be joining a supportive team who will provide all the training you need
Who We Are:
Community Solutions Group makes a difference in people’s lives supporting them to achieve their goals and working with them on their pathway to possibilities. We deliver services focused on the employment, education, wellbeing and independence of individuals, families and communities across Queensland, Victoria and South Australia.
Community Solutions Group is part of Endeavour Foundation; one of the largest not-for-profit organisations in the country. Collectively, we are a leading for-purpose provider of a diverse and synergistic range of health and human services.
What can we offer you?
- An attractive remuneration package, including Salary Packaging - save up to $15,900 per year tax free!
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, holiday accommodation etc.)
- Corporate Health Insurance plans and discounts with our corporate partners
- An Employee Assistance Program - a free and confidential counselling service available to all staff and their family members
- Encouraged and supported ongoing professional development and diverse career opportunities; let us know how we can support you
- Paid parental leave and salary continuance
- Onsite café; great food and coffee
About the Role
Reporting to our Team Leader (Behavior Support), this permanent full-time role will involve providing professional information and advice to people with disability, their families, staff and managers regarding evidence-based approaches to reducing the impact of challenging behaviour across South Brisbane.
This position will also provide coaching, modelling and support to stakeholders (including but not limited to) families, support workers and managers to ensure these groups are competent in the implementation of support strategies and aware of their responsibilities on how to effectively implement the individual's plan. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking relevant assessments to identify causal factors of challenging behaviour
- Adhering to internal and external requirements to ensure all relevant legislative and associated guidelines are met
- Implementing and analysing data in order to monitor the plan’s effectiveness, reviewing challenging behaviour and make any changes where required
Our successful candidate will ideally have an understanding of contemporary practices, trends and philosophies in relation to service provision for people with intellectual and/or cognitive disabilities who display challenging behaviours and have complex support needs. You will also have:
- Experience in developing and delivering training and support to staff in positive behaviour support
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Counselling or similar areas of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Demonstrated time-management skills to effectively manage workload, maintain case notes and meet deadlines
- A high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain relationships with customers, service providers, and various stakeholders
- Sound problem solving skills and the ability to work in a flexible environment that at times involves innovative and agile approaches
- Right to Work in Australia i.e., Australian/NZ Citizen, Permanent Resident or Visa with permission to work
- A current Blue Card (Working with Children Check) and NDIS Worker's Screening Check/Yellow Card, or the willingness to gain these clearances if successful. We will reimburse you the cost of these checks on commencing.
- Willingness to undertake a Police Check
- Additionally, in line with the direction from State Government, all authorised workers defined under the Queensland Public Health Order are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. From 30 September 2022, to meet the updated COVID-19 vaccination requirements, Community Solutions Specialist Services staff must have at least three doses of COVID-19 vaccine, (or have a valid exemption)
How to Apply
To demonstrate your interest in this role, please submit a cover letter and up to date resume outlining your relevant experience as per the advertisement above. We look forward to hearing from you!
"We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer, and we commit to respond to every applicant"