- Permanent, full-time opportunity available in Bokarina
- Flexible work options: open to discussing how we can assist you with a better life-work balance
- Salary Packaging Benefits, pay less tax and increase your take-home pay
- Join a supportive team with plenty of opportunities to upskill and progress
What can we offer you?
- Salary Packaging Benefits, package up to $15,900 per year tax free for expenses such as your mortgage, rent and groceries
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, holidays etc.)
- Use of a pool vehicle or kilometre reimbursement for work related travel
- An Employee Assistance Program - a free and confidential counselling service available to all staff and family members
- Encouraged and supported ongoing professional development and diverse career opportunities
- Paid Parental Leave and Study Leave
- Medibank corporate health insurance discounts and discounts on gym memberships, whitegoods and solar packages
Community Solutions Group makes a difference in people’s lives - supporting them to achieve their goals and working with them on their pathway to possibilities. We deliver a broad range of NDIS services focused on the wellbeing of individuals, families and communities across Queensland and Victoria.
We are part of Endeavour Foundation, one of Australia’s largest employers of people living with disability where being inclusive and diverse is not just an aspiration, it is who we are! Our purpose is to make possibilities a reality. #TeamPossible!
About the Role
As a Behaviour Support Practitioner (BSP), the number one goal is to improve the quality of life of all of our NDIS participants. Through positive behaviour strategies and collaboration, we support participants to gain control, independence and to make positive lifestyle changes.
Whether you are an experienced practitioner, fresh out of university or in the process of completing a qualification in Psychology, Social Work or similar, this is your opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people living with a disability. We will provide you with a structured induction and on the job training to ensure you have all of the necessary tools to succeed in your role!
Your day to day
- Building close relationships with participants, their families and service providers by creating a supportive and safe environment
- Providing professional information to people with disability and their support circle regarding evidence-based approaches to reduce the impact of challenging behaviour
- Ensuring the support that we deliver aligns with the NDIS participants’ NDIS Plan
- Developing and implementing intervention strategies in consultation with individuals and families
- Ensuring support plans, notes and documents are recorded in line with the NDIS framework and with a high level of care and accuracy
What you will bring to the role
- Completed or in the process of completing a degree qualification (or higher) in Psychology, Social Work, Counselling or similar - a must
- Experience or knowledge of contemporary practices and trends in relation to service provision for people with intellectual and/or cognitive disabilities
- The ability to motivate, build rapport and attune with participants, their families and service providers - you are a true people person
- You enjoy being out on the road attending client visits (pool vehicles available)
- Knowledge of or experience with restrictive practices
- Exposure to developing and implementing positive behaviour support plans
- An understanding of good clinical practice, the jurisdictional requirements in QLD and the context in which Behaviour Support is provided
- Strong IT, admin and organisation skills as you will be working with billable time
- Right to Work in Australia i.e., Australian/NZ Citizen, Permanent Resident or Visa with permission to work - excludes visas with Temporary Work Rights
- A current Blue Card (Working with Children Check)and NDIS Worker's Screening Check, or the willingness to gain these clearances if successful
- A current and valid Driver’s Licence - a must
- Willingness to undertake a "Fit2Work" Police Check
How to Apply
To demonstrate your interest in this role, please submit a cover letter and an up-to-date resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Community Solutions encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures. This includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse), the LGBTQI+ community, and people with disability. We value inclusivity and are committed to adjusting our recruitment process to ensure accessibility and support of an applicant's needs.