- Permanent part-time opportunity based in Maryborough; 3 days per week, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 8.30 am - 5 pm
- Flexible work options, salary packaging and other benefits
- Join a supportive and collaborative team and make a real difference by helping our clients to find meaningful employment
- We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander peoples to apply
What can we offer you?
- An attractive remuneration package, including Salary Packaging, package up to $15,900 per year tax free. Less tax = more take home pay!
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, holidays etc.)
- Corporate Health Insurance plans and discounts with our corporate partners
- An Employee Assistance Program - a free and confidential counselling service available to all staff and family members
- Encouraged and supported ongoing professional development and diverse career opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Free flu vaccinations and First Aid Training
Community Solutions Group makes a difference in people’s lives - supporting them to achieve their goals and working with them on their pathway to possibilities. We deliver a broad range of services focused on the employment, education, wellbeing and independence of individuals, families and communities across Queensland, Victoria and South Australia.
ParentsNext is a pre-employment program that provides early intervention assistance to parents with young children. It assists parents to set education and employment goals, develop a pathway to achieve their goals and link them to services and activities in the local community.
About the Role
As Case Manager, you will take a strengths-based approach to case management that will assist parents to identify achievable goals and activities that will support their transition to employment and/or further education and training. This may include referrals to counselling, attending in-house activities and linking with key specialist support organisations. The Case Manager will be prepared and available to travel to multiple sites of operation to perform role (servicing at Nambour and Tewantin). Other key duties will include:
- Maintaining regular contact with participants, providing advice and comprehensive pre-employment support to achieve outcome milestones
- Ensuring service delivery activities comply with all requirements of the ParentsNext Deed and organisational policies
- Completing risk assessments and take timely and effective action to mitigate risks
- Recording all activities within the required timeframes, ensuring all schedules are maintained accurately and regularly with documented evidence
- Undertaking and maintaining accurate documentation including case notes, report writing, purchase orders, credit card reconciliations
- Liaising with stakeholders including, but not limited to, Services Australia, employment services, community-based services, education and vocational training providers and employers for the benefit of connecting participants
- Engaging with employers to fully understand their hiring requirements, recruitment cycles, and maintain relationships with key decision makers
What you will bring
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience within Community Services, Employment Services, Training, or a similar
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Previous employment services experiences highly regarded
- Knowledge of the issues experienced by parents and students, including barriers to education, training and employment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to ensure clear and concise information is relayed as aligned to the audience; empathy and compassion is key for our participants
- Ability to quickly build and maintain strong working relationships with participants and influence key stakeholders to the advantage of participants
- Ability to work with young people with multiple and complex needs
- Experience in post placement support would be highly regarded
- Right to Work in Australia i.e., Australian/NZ Citizen, Permanent Resident or Visa with permission to work
- A current Blue Card/Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker's Screening Check/Yellow Card, or the willingness to gain these clearances if successful. We will reimburse you the cost of these checks on commencing.
- Willingness to undertake a Police Check
- To ensure the health and wellbeing of our staff and customers, Community Solutions Group requires all authorised workers as defined under the QLD Public Health Order to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19
How can you join Community Solutions Group?
You can register your interest by simply click on 'Apply' below; we look forward to hearing from you!
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander peoples to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from people with culturally diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with disabilities.
"We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer, and we commit to respond to every applicant"