- Permanent part-time opportunity based on the Fraser Coast; 3 days per week, Monday-Wednesday
- Salary packaging and additional employee benefits
More about what we can offer you!
- Flexibility, you will have the freedom to organise your day as you see fit, ensuring our NDIS participants are provided with the level of support they require
- With Salary Packaging, you can package up to $15,900 per year tax free. Less tax = more take home pay for you!
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, holidays etc.)
- Opportunities to upskill, develop and progress within the organisation
- Paid parental leave and salary continuance
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Free flu vaccinations
Community Solutions Group makes a difference in people's lives, supporting them to achieve their goals and working with them on their pathway to possibilities. We deliver a broad range of services focused on the employment, education, wellbeing and independence of individuals, families and communities across Queensland, Victoria and South Australia.
About the Role
If you’re looking for an opportunity to give back to your community in a role that provides you with autonomy and the freedom to organise your workday, then this is the opportunity for you!
In a nutshell, the role of a NDIS Support Coordinator is to facilitate greater independence in all aspects of a NDIS participant’s life by exploring the participant’s individual needs, what services and support they may need to achieve their goals and how these can be accessed. You will work proactively with participants by coordinating and engaging support to ensure they are getting the most out of their NDIS plans, reducing barriers and putting action plans in place along the way.
Other key duties will include:
- Building strong relationships with participants, their families and external service providers
- Helping participants to negotiate with providers about what they will offer and helping them to understand the cost they’ll need to allocate from their NDIS budget
- Ensuring service agreements and service bookings are completed
- Taking a holistic approach to capacity building and helping participants to break down and address their barriers
What you will bring to the role:
- A solid understanding of the NDIS and the ability to understand facets of the NDIS and NDIS Plans/Budgets
- You are a true people person with the ability to motivate and build rapport with participants, their families and service providers
- Extensive administration experience, compliance capabilities and IT skills - particularly with Excel
- A business mindset and a customer service focus
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills with high-level organisation skills
- A positive attitude, eagerness to learn and willingness to adapt
- Strong administrative, compliance capabilities and IT skills
- Right to Work in Australia i.e., Australian/NZ Citizen, Permanent Resident or Visa with permission to work
- A current Blue Card (Working with Children Check) and NDIS Worker's Screening Check/Yellow Card, or the willingness to gain these clearances if successful. We will reimburse you the cost of these checks on commencing
- Willingness to undertake a "Fit2Work" Police Check
- Additionally, in line with the direction from State Government, all authorised workers defined under the Queensland Public Health Order are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. From 30 September 2022, to meet the updated COVID-19 vaccination requirements, Community Solutions Specialist Services staff must have at least three doses of COVID-19 vaccine, (or have a valid exemption)
How can you join Community Solutions Group?
You can register your interest by simply click on 'Apply' below; we look forward to hearing from you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from people with culturally diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with disabilities.
"We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer, and we commit to respond to every applicant"